House Church details:
- Try and meet at least twice a month. If you want to meet every week that’s good, but less than twice a month is too spread out.
- We don’t want any of the house churches to focus on materials or studies on their own. We want each group to access the teachings and discussion questions provided so that we can all be thinking about and wrestling with the same things. This is meant to be like what we would experience together in a church service, same message etc. So even though each group’s discussion will look different, we will all be asked the same questions to explore.
- House Church is not replacing Sunday Drive-In Church. Drive-in Church services will continue as they have in the past. When regular church attendance occurs again, we hope to continue to have our house church groups continue to meet as well.
- House Church is an excellent way to invite people who don’t know Jesus to check it/Him out. They are much more likely to come to your house than to a church building/service. Please let this be a part of your house church.
- Physical Distancing.
Sask Gov. regulations allow for indoor gatherings of 30 people with 2 meter distancing between people groups that are not of the same household. “Extended Household Groups” are up to 15 people and do not need to be distanced from each other. These groups are considered safe if the same people attend each week. If a new person is introduced, then distancing is a good idea until that person has been there for a few weeks, then no distancing is required.
- There will be a recorded 5-7 minute message by Pastor Brian found here that will introduce the topic for the time that you meet. It will be based on the message presented on the Sunday at the beginning of that week.
- You will also be provided with 3 or 4 primary questions here based on the same sermon, that will be the basis for your discussion at the time you meet.
- Pastor Brian will come to your group when it comes time for monthly communion. Some scheduling between groups may be needed to make this happen.
- Worship is encouraged to take place in each house church. The amount can be flexible as each group determines, but should be included in the life of your house church.
- Corporate prayer is also to be included in the house church gathering. There should be an opportunity for every member of the house church to pray. This is how we grow, as each of us contributes. A good way to do this is to pray for the person next to you, everyone prays, everyone gets prayed for.